An Exciting Discovery!
Yesterday, I was having lunch at Ad Astra in Strong City.
Marilyn McComber stopped by and said: “I have something for you that you are going to LOVE!”
I replied: “A million dollars?”
“Even better!” And she handed me an envelope.
Better than a million dollars?
I opened the envelope, pulled something out…and shrieked!
It was better! Well, almost better!
In my hand was an image. An image I’d never seen before. I caressed its edges reverently.
“Where did you find this?”
“Vicky Dawson had it. She gave it to her sister, Kay Lauer, who gave it to me.”
I stared and stared at the image.
It was a beauty.
Scroll way down…
- A wood staircase!
- No stairs yet to the second-level south exit!
- No huge first-level openings on the south wall (left)!
- The long-lost front doors are visible!
- Above, the long-covered fanlight window is visible!
- The cornice is as plain as plain can be. Just like the recreated version installed about a decade ago!
- The facade is dressed stone and the south wall (left) is rough stone (now mostly covered with stucco).
- There is a huge water tank to the far right. Is this the original water tank for the city? Fascinating!